This recipe was prepared using Braun MQ9 Hand blender with the food processor, chopping blade and whisk attachments.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1-2 tbsp ice water, or as needed
- 6 4-inch mini tart pans with removable bottom
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup half & half
- Fresh pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ oz prosciutto
- 1 ½ oz shredded fresh mozzarella
- 6 basil leaves, ripped into pieces
- 1 1/2 oz smoked salmon
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 6 tbsp chopped tomato,
- 2 tbsp chopped mushrooms
- 1 ½ oz shredded gruyere
- Using the Braun MQ9 Hand blender with the food processor attachment and chopping blade, pulse together the flour and salt. Add butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly. Slowly add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough just comes together. Form dough into a ball and then flatten into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment and refrigerate for 1 hour before rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Divide pie crust into 6 pieces. Roll each into 5-inch round. Place in prepared tart pans, pressing into bottom and up sides. (Make sure crust comes all the way up the sides and there are no holes; patch any holes with crust before baking.) Line each with heavy duty foil and then top with dry beans. Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden. Cool slightly and then place on a large baking sheet with sides.
- To prepare filling, using the Braun hand blender with the whisk attachment, blend eggs with half and half and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of topping over bottom of each tart shell. Then spoon equal amounts of egg mixture in each shell.(Do not overfill the shells. There may be some extra egg mixture.)
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature with a big salad.