- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Put the dark chocolate into the 500 ml chopper accessory from Braun’s MultiMix 3 Hand mixer HM 3135. Attach the hand mixer and just pulse a few times until the dark chocolate is roughly chopped.
- Place the flour, cocoa, sugar, orange zest, baking powder and a ½ teaspoon of salt in a large bowl and mix together to a powder with your hands.
- Put the eggs in another large bowl and switch to the whisk accessory with just one press of the large button. Adjust the speed with one hand and beat the eggs. Then gradually add the powdered mixture to the bowl until it forms a smooth dough.
- Tip the dough onto a counter dusted with flour, add the almonds and knead until smooth. Divide into 4 and shape into flat, rectangles. Lift them onto a paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Then leave to cool.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the baked dough into bite-size pieces. Place on a clean baking sheet and bake them for a second time for 15 minutes, turning once until crisp. Allow to cool on a wire rack. The biscotti can be stored for up to 10 days in an airtight container.