Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 12 - 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender with its blending shaft and 1.5-cup chopper attachment.
- 8 oz. linguine or spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, cut into 4 pieces, or more to taste
- 1½ lbs. tomatoes, about 4 tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup Kalamata or your favorite olives, pitted (optional)
- 4 tsp capers (optional)
- Put water on the stove to cook pasta. Once boiling, cook according to package directions. Using Braun’s Multiquick 1.5-cup chopper attachment, finely chop the garlic. Spoon into a large bowl, and add the oregano to the large bowl.
- Wipe the chopper clean and add the parmesan cheese. Finely chop by pulsing on high speed. Set aside.
- Reserve one whole tomato. Cut other tomatoes each into 4 pieces. Add to a large bowl with olive oil and oregano. Attach the blending shaft and blend mixture on high speed to a chunky consistency.
- Stir in the fresh basil and the chopped parmesan cheese.
- Cut remaining tomato into 1/2-inch pieces and stir into sauce.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to a large bowl. Pour sauce over hot pasta and stir to combine. Serve immediately with additional parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Note: For even more flavor, stir in chopped olives and capers to the sauce before adding to the pasta.