This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its blending shaft and 2-cup chopper attachment.
- 3 small shallots, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lb. skinless, diced salmon fillets
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 2 ½ tbsp)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil + additional for frying
- 6 hamburger buns
Mango Cilantro salsa
(Yield: about 1 generous cup)
- 1 mango, peeled
- ½ small red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- ¼ red chilli, vein and seed removed
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Place shallots and garlic in Braun’s Multiquick 7 2-cup chopper attachment. Attach motor body and pulse on medium speed until finely chopped. Add salmon and pulse until finely chopped and mixture is combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, egg, lemon juice, paprika, olive oil and salt. Mix together well, using the Braun blending shaft.
- Divide into six equal portions and shape into patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- For the salsa, chop mango in the cleaned 2-cup chopper attachment, and place in a bowl. Wipe out the bowl and chop the onion; pour into bowl with mango. Repeat with cilantro and chili. Add lime juice, salt and vinegar. Stir to combine and refrigerate salsa until needed.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the salmon burgers over a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Garnish with mango salsa.