This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer with MultiWhisk Beaters attachment.
For the Cupcakes:
- 1⅓ cups (6 oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup (6 oz) canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup (5 oz) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 12 regular-sized marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) room temperature unsalted butter
- 4 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 2 cups (9 oz) confectionery sugar
- Garnish: chopped ginger snaps and toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Set oven rack in the middle of the oven and line 12-hole cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Add all the cupcake ingredients, except the marshmallows to a large bowl. Mix until just combined using the MultiWhisk Beaters attachment starting on low speed of 2 and gradually increasing to speed 7 as the mixture gets combined.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from oven. Let sit for 5 minutes then using a small spoon, scoop out a small ball from the top of the cupcake. Insert a marshmallow into each cupcake. Return cupcakes to the oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until marshmallow is softened and golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool completely before icing.
- To make icing, add butter, cream cheese and sugar to a large bowl. Using the MultiWhisk Beaters attachment starting on low speed of 2 and gradually increasing to 6-7 as the mixture gets combined, mix well until creamy. Divide icing evenly and spread on cupcakes. Garnish with chopped ginger snaps and/or chopped pecans.