This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer with MultiWhisk Beaters attachment.
- 1 cup (7.05 oz) packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 ¼ cups (10.6 ounces) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ sticks butter (6 ounces) , cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cups (6.35 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup (4.76 oz) old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (3 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.
- In a small sauce pan add ¼ cup brown sugar, pumpkin puree and cinnamon. Heat over medium heat stirring often until sugar is dissolved and pumpkin is hot, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together using the MultiWhisk Beaters attachment, the butter, flour, oats, ¾ cup brown sugar, baking powder and salt on high speed of 7-8. Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the cooled pumpkin in an even layer over the oat mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips into the other half of the oat mixture and sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin layer and pat lightly. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely, and then cut into 24 squares.