This icebox cake is topped with delicious summer fruits and prepared with our MultiMix Hand Mixer.
Special thanks to Erin McDowell for this delicious recipe. Check out her blog and Instagram for more recipe inspiration!
Makes one 9 inch cake.
1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup (198 g) granulated sugar
2 large (113 g) eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla paste (or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ cups (181 g) all purpose flour
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
Filling and Finishing
2 cups (455 g) heavy cream
1 cup (240 g) peach butter
12 ounces raspberries
4 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- Make the cookies: in a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla and almond extract. Add the flour and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Transfer the dough to the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough by the ½ tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets. The cookie dough will spread into thin cookies - pale in the center with lightly brown edges, 7-8 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- When the cookies are cool, make the filling: in a large bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Add the peach butter and whip to medium peaks. Hold in the refrigerator.
- Place a 9 inch springform pan on a baking sheet. Line the base of the pan with a round of parchment paper
- Arrange a layer of wafer cookies in the base of the pan. Top with ¾ cup whipped cream and spread into an even layer. Place another layer of cookies on top, then top with another thin layer of cream.
- Repeat step 6 until you’ve used up all of the cream and wafers. Finish with a layer of whipped cream. Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to unmold, transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove the outer ring from the springform pan and unwrap the cake. The cake can be served as is, or transferred to a cake stand or serving platter. Keep the unmolded cake refrigerated until ready to serve. Just before serving, garnish with raspberries and peach slices.