This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer with MultiWhisk Beaters attachment.
- 3/4 cup (4.2 oz) stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups (5.25 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (2.35 oz) sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 cup (6.7 oz) fresh blueberries
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 400° F. Line a 12 muffin tin with 12 muffin cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another bowl, add the eggs, melted butter and buttermilk and mix together on a low speed of 1, using the MultiWhisk Beaters attachment.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the cornmeal and flour mixture and mix well on speed 6-7 until just combined with the hand mixture. Fold in the blueberries and the maple syrup.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Place in oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until muffin comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted. Cool muffins for about 5 minutes before removing from the tin. Serve warm or at room temperature.