This recipe was made using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 food processor attachment.
- 1 ½ lbs yellow potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 oz. Gruyere, shredded
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Using the Braun MultiQuick 7 food processor attachment with its slicing blade attachment, slice the potatoes.
- Lightly grease 8-inch square baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter. In 2-quart pot, bring potato slices, milk, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 2 minutes or until potatoes soften and milk thickens.
- Pour potato and milk mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 35 minutes until most of the milk is absorbed and edges are slightly browned. Sprinkle potatoes with shredded cheese, bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces. Continue to bake for 10 more minutes
- Turn broiler on and place potatoes under broiler, about 1 minute to brown, watching carefully so potatoes do not burn. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.