This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its food processor, 2-cup chopper and beaker attachment.
Fennel & apple slaw
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 red apple
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegat
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 pound chicken breasts or chicken tenders, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
Goji berry, pear & walnut dip (optional)
- 1 pear
- 1 small red chili
- 2 tbsp Goji berries
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To prepare the fennel and apple slaw, cut the onion in half, quarter the fennel bulb and core the apple. Using the large shredding blade on the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment, shred the fennel, red onion and red apple. Place in a large bowl and add the red wine vinegar, mustard and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- For the chicken meatballs, put shelled pistachios in the Braun MultiQuick 2-cup chopper attachment and finely chop—but not too finely so it turns into nut butter—still want some texture to the nuts. Set aside in a bowl until ready to use.
- Add the cut-up chicken, garlic clove, onion and parsley into the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment with chopping blade. Mince them together.
- Add breadcrumbs, egg yolk and blend again. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Form the chicken mixture into walnut-sized balls and roll them in the chopped pistachio nuts. Place the chicken meatballs on a lightly oiled baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until meatball is cooked through.
- (optional) For the dip, peel and core the pear and deseed the red chili and place them into the Braun MultiQuick beaker attachment together with all the other ingredients. Then blend to a purée with the blending shaft. Serve dip with chicken meat balls and fennel salad.