This recipe was prepared using Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender with its food processor and 1.5-cup chopper attachments.
- ½ cup dry wheat berries, rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 ounces Swiss chard or kale, stems removed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces feta or soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- To cook wheat berries, add them to a small pot, cover with at least 1 –inch of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook over medium low heat for 1 hour or until tender. You may need to add more water during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Using the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment with the slicing blade, slice the sweet potato. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the potatoes and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for about 25 minutes turning halfway through cooking. When cooked, remove from oven and set aside until ready to assemble your bowl.
- Switch the blade on the Braun MultiQuick food processor to the shredding blade and shred the chard or kale. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic clove in a skillet. Add chard and sauté for about 3 minutes until softened but still bright green. Stir in red wine vinegar. Remove garlic and set aside.
- To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment and blend well.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the wheat berries, on the bottom of each bowl. Top each bowl with a section of sweet potatoes, chard, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado. Crumble cheese on top and sprinkle on the nuts. Serve with dressing on the side.