We've partnered with Angie from The Country Chic Cottage to bring you this recipe for Snickerdoodles with Buttercream Frosting using the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender. Check out her full blog post here.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by adding room temperature butter, 3/4 cup sugar, and egg to your Braun MultiQuick 9. Blend until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, salt, and baking soda. Add a little at a time to the MultiQuick 9 pulsing as you add.
- Once all combined, add vanilla and then pulse a little more.
- Shape dough into round balls about 1 tablespoon each.
- Mix 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon on a small plate. Roll dough balls in mixture and then add to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and then use a spatula to lift from parchment. Allow to cool completely before adding buttercream.
For Buttercream Frosting:
- Start by beating butter in a large bowl on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. This took about 3 minutes. Then beat in vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar alternately with whipping cream while mixing on low.
- Keep whipping frosting for 3 minutes or so to achieve the perfect buttercream consistency.
- Spread frosting onto cooled cookies.