We love this recipe for a Protein Packed Green Smoothie Bowl brought to us by Claire from The Realistic Nutritionist. Use the Braun Pure Mix Blender to create this trendy take on a classic breakfast smoothie. Read the full blog post here
For the smoothie base:
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1/2 cup low-fat, no sugar added strawberry yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 nectarine, sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (I used frozen strawberry puree**)
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup water or sugar-free juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free strawberry jam
For the bowl toppings:
- Sliced nectarine
- Sliced apple
- Strawberries or frozen puree cubes
- Chia seeds
**Simply blend 2 cups strawberries until pureed and pour into ice cube trays. Freeze until solid.
- Place all of the ingredients (for the smoothie base only) into a blender (I used Braun’s new PureMix Blender).
- Blend on medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Add additional ingredients (like fruit) to taste, or additional milk for desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothies into two bowls. Add the toppings to the tops of the smoothie (in any fashion you’d like) and dig in!