This recipe was prepared using Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender with its beaker and whisk attachments, and a Braun PureMix Countertop Blender.
Chocolate dipped strawberries
- 1 ounce white chocolate
- 1 ounce dark or milk chocolate
- 8 medium strawberries
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Milkshake (Makes about 2 ¼ cups for reference on cup size)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Assorted heart shaped candies for decorating
- 1-2 pink or white glazed donuts, optional
- To make the strawberries, add each chocolate to small microwavable bowls and microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir and add more time if necessary until chocolate is completely melted. Dip 4 dry berries into the dark chocolate and 4 into the white. Let dry, then drizzle the opposite color on the berries. If the chocolate gets too hard put it back in the microwave for a few seconds. Remember chocolate burns easily. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the ganache, add the chocolate to the Braun MultiQuick beaker attachment. Attach the whisk to the hand blender. Heat the heavy cream in a small pot until it is hot but not boiling. Pour over the chocolate, let sit a minute and then whisk until smooth. Remove to a small bowl and let harden a bit before using. (If you have leftover ganache, let it harden until it can be formed into balls. Refrigerating speeds the process. Form the chocolate into balls and roll in cocoa or nuts or sprinkles to make truffles; serve with your shake or save in the refrigerator for a later time.)
- To make the whipped cream, add the cream to the clean Braun MultiQuick beaker attachment. Attach the whisk to the hand blender. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Spoon the cream into a sealed bag. Set aside. When ready to use, cut off the corner of the bag to squeeze out the cream.
- To make the milkshake, add the ice cream, milk and vanilla extract to the Braun PureMix countertop blender. (If you want a chocolate shake, add a spoonful or two of ganache to the blender before blending.). Press the On/Off button, then select “liquify” to start. Press it again until it has reached your desired consistency.
- When ready to prepare the presentation of the shake, spread ganache on the inside and outside rim of the glass. You can also put a spoonful in the bottom before you pour in the milkshake. (Ganache should be thick enough so the candies will not slide off but should also easily spread. You can always chill the glass a bit with the ganache on the sides if the candies are sliding. It will speed things up.)
- Press your favorite heart candies on the ganache around the rim. Pour the milkshake into the glass. Top with a glazed donut, if using, and whipped cream. Add as many chocolate strawberries that will fit and any other candies to make a delicious and extravagant Freak Shake. Enjoy with the additional strawberries and truffles on the side.