- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line and butter a 20 cm round tin with are movable base.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate soda, cocoa, butter and eggs into the dough bowl from Braun’s TributeCollection Kitchen machine KM 3050 with its kneading attachment. Choose speed level 11 and let the kitchen machine take care of the rest.
- Pour the smooth, thick batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to cool slightly. Then carefully place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the chocolate & orange ganache, break the chocolate into pieces and put into a heatproof bowl. Bring the cream to the boil and pour over the chocolate. With a beater whisk on medium speed until smooth. Set aside until firm enough to spread over the cake.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Using a palette knife, swirl the ganache over the top.