- For the laksa paste, place all the ingredients in Braun’s MQ 20 chopper accessory. Attach to a suitable hand blender and start blending slowly to combine the ingredients, and then increase the speed to the highest setting to get to a fine paste. Set aside.
- For faster cooking preparation and no tears, simply put the onion in the cleaned Braun MQ 20 chopper accessory. Attach to the hand blender and finely chop by pulsing a few times. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and fry the onion over a low heat. Add the laksa paste, white wine, soy sauce, fish sauce, coconut milk and lime leaves and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to the boil, add the fish stock and then reduce to a low heat for 20 minutes. Add the egg noodles and mussels, cook for 1 minute then add the prawns. Simmer for 2 - 3 minutes in an uncovered pan, then divide into deep bowls.
- Meanwhile re-use the cleaned chopper accessory to chop the coriander and spring onions. Attach to your hand blender and pulse only a few times.
- Sprinkle the soup with the chopped coriander and spring onions and serve.