This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender with its blending shaft and beaker attachment.
- 1 medium orange, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces with peel, and deseeded, about 1 cup
- 2- inch by 1- inch (5 x 1 cm) piece of ginger, peeled and quartered
- 8 oz. (225 g) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, plus additional for garnish
- Place cut orange and quartered ginger in Braun's MultiQuick 7 beaker attachment. Attach the blending shaft and blend on high speed about 10-15 seconds until mixture is finely chopped. Stir midway through blending to bring contents from the bottom to the top, and repeat until mixture is chopped finely throughout. Add all but ½ cup cranberries to the beaker and continue to chop until cranberries are finely chopped, about 10-15 more seconds. Stir in remaining cranberries.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in remaining cranberries, brown sugar and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, garnish with additional chopped walnuts. Serve with fresh turkey or your favorite poultry dish.
Note: if you prefer a sweeter relish, add additional brown sugar, to taste.