This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its blending shaft and 2-cup chopper attachments.
- 450 g cleaned mushrooms
- 1 onion, about 2 cups when chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- A good pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Juice of 2 lemons, about 3 tbsp
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 6 tbsp mascarpone
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using Braun MultiQuick 7 2-cup chopper attachment, roughly chop the mushrooms. Set aside. Add the onion and finely chop, set aside and then chop the garlic.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy bottomed frying pan. Add onion to sauté pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Then add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add all but ½ cup of the chopped mushrooms, thyme, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Simmer over a gentle flame for 10 minutes and add the lemon juice.
- Using the Braun hand blender with the blending shaft, start blending slowly increasing constantly to highest power until mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the ricotta and mascarpone, along with the remaining ½ cup chopped mushrooms.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm with a piece of crusty bread.