Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: about 1 minute
Chill: 2 -3 hours
Difficulty level: Medium
This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its food processor, 1.5-cup chopper and 2-cup chopper attachments.
- 2 large English cucumbers, about 1 lb.
- Salt, to taste
- 2 scallions, root ends removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, stalks removed
- 1¼ cups Greek yogurt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined and sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 scallion, root ends removed
- ½ red chili, de-seeded
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, stalks removed
- Juice of 2 limes, about 6 tablespoons
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and cut the cucumbers roughly. Put in a sieve and sprinkle with a little salt to soften. Leave for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To avoid a mess and tearing eyes, attach Braun’s MultiQuick 7 1.5-cup chopper attachment to the hand blender and quickly chop the scallions and garlic clove by pulsing a couple times.
- Insert the chopping blade into the MultiQuick 7 food processor with chopper blade, and add the cucumber, chopped scallions and garlic, as well as the vegetable stock, cilantro and Greek yogurt and blend to a fine purée. Finally, season with salt and pepper. Pour the soup through a fine sieve to remove any small pieces. Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Place prepped shrimp in a bowl. In the MultiQuick 7 2-cup chopper attachment, quickly chop ginger, scallion, fresh red chili, and cilantro. Add these chopped ingredients with the lime juice to the shrimp. Let marinate for 6 to 8 minutes.
- When shrimp is ready, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and cook at medium heat in a pan for about 1 minute until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent. Add the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, place a quarter of the “ceviche” in the middle of 4 soup bowls. Pour the chilled soup around and serve immediately.