This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender 2-cup chopper attachment.
- 1 lb. (450 g) firm white fish fillets (such as cod or haddock), skinned and cut into chunks
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Juice of one lime (about 2 tbsp)
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- Attach the Braun MultiQuick 7 2-cup chopper attachment to the hand blender. Place the fish in the bowl and puree until smooth. Add the cilantro, garlic, cornstarch, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, egg and lime juice, and blend again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and roll into balls. Then flatten to make round patties and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To cook, heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan and fry the fish cakes in batches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Add oil as needed. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with green salad leaves and your favorite peanut sauce.