This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 hand blender with its whisk and beaker attachments.
For the dill mayonnaise
(Yields about 14 tbsp)
- ¾ cup homemade mayonnaise (link to recipe)
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the fish
- 4 170 g filets of sole, cleaned
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil or sunflower oil
For the dill-caper mayonnaise:
- Place all ingredients for the mayonnaise into Braun’s MultiQuick 7 beaker attachment. Attach the whisk attachment to Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender. Whisk starting out slowly and gradually increase to blend smoothly. Refrigerate until ready to serve with fish.
For the fish sticks:
- Cut the filets in half lengthways, and then slice each fillet half into four long strips on the diagonal to yield eight fish sticks from each filet. (Make sure to remove any bones when trimming fish.)
- Put the flour into a shallow bowl and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs or panko into an additional shallow bowl. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl with the help of Braun’s MultiQuick 7 whisk attachment.
- Dip each piece of fish into the seasoned flour, coating it well, then the beaten egg, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep sided pan. Fry the fish for about 2 minutes per side, or until crisp and golden. Remove from pan and place onto brown paper grocery bag that has been cut open to soak up excess oil.
- Serve with dill-caper mayonnaise.