This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender with its whisk attachment.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup cold butter, divided
- 8 eggs
- 8 strips Canadian-style bacon
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- To make Hollandaise, add egg yolks and lemon juice to a 1 ½ –quart sauce pan. Whisk using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its whisk attachment on low speed. Add ¼ cup butter. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly with whisk continuing on low speed, until butter is melted. Add remaining ¼ cup butter. Continue whisking until butter is melted and sauce is thickened. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
- To poach eggs, fill a large saucepan with 7.5 cm of water. Bring water to a gentle simmer. Carefully break eggs into a small bowl and then gently pour into boiling water. Repeat with 3 eggs. Cover pan and let eggs cook for 2 ½ to 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon. Repeat with 4 more eggs.
- While eggs are poaching, brown the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Top toasted muffins with a slice of bacon, one poached egg and a spoon of hollandaise. Serve immediately with a mixed green salad and a mimosa.