Thanks so much to Christina at Christina’s Cucina for this delicious recipe for Mocha Eggnog Holiday Trifles using the Braun BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker! We can’t wait to make these for our next holiday party! Check out the full blog post here.
- Leftover cake pieces or ladyfinger cookies
- Brewed coffee, cold
- Eggnog liqueur (or your choice of another liqueur or milk, for a non-alcoholic version
- ¾ cup (6 oz) whipping cream
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- 1 or 2 tsp sweetened cocoa
- 2 chocolate covered coffee beans (to decorate)
- Pour equal amounts of coffee and eggnog liqueur into a small jug. Put some cake pieces in the bottom of the De'Longhi cappuccino glasses, then pour a little of the coffee/eggnog mixture over the cake.
- Next, whip the cream with the teaspoon of sugar, then fold in a little coffee and eggnog just to flavor it. Remove about a third of the cream and add the cocoa until well mixed; set aside.
- Pipe or spoon a layer of the first cream onto the cake.
- Put more cake crumbs on top of the cream and drizzle with more coffee/eggnog mixture. Add some chocolate sprinkles if desired, then pipe or spoon another layer of the cream.
- Repeat with the cake and coffee/eggnog liqueur one last time, and then finish with the mocha cream. I piped stars for a nice finish, then topped them with a chocolate covered coffee bean.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.