Marc Fosh's carrot cake with lemon mascarpone topping
1. Heat oven to 180°C.
2. For the cake, slice the carrots in the Braun Multiquick 5 compact kitchen machine using the fine slicing blade. Set aside the carrots and rinse the accessory ready to be used again.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar in the compact kitchen machine until pale, then gradually add in the egg yolks, orange juice and zest.
4. Gently mix in the sifted flour, baking powder, ground almonds and cinnamon to this mixture, then fold in the carrots.
5. Use the Braun Multiquick 5 hand blender and its whisk accessory to whisk the egg whites in a mixing bowl until stiff, then fold them into the egg and flour mix. Pour into a mould and cook for about 50-55 minutes until golden and risen.
6. Allow mixture to cool in the mould for 10 minutes then turn out and leave to cool for at least 1 hour.
7. When your cake is cool, make the icing by mixing all the ingredients together, then spread over the top of the cake.
Marc Fosh’s tip
It’s so simple to make and your friends will love you for it!
This recipe was prepared using the Braun Multiquick 5 hand blender with its compact kitchen machine, fine slicing blade and whisk accessories.