This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick Hand blender with its blending shaft.
- 225 g fresh tomatillas, husk removed, cut into 4 pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, vein and seeds removed, unless you like your salsa spicy
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 scallion, ends trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cup chopped mango
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Using the Braun’s Multiquick 7 Hand blender with its blending shaft, mash tomatillas on high speed in a large bowl. Add half the cherry tomatoes and continue to mash until there are rough chunks.
- Add the jalapeno into the 1.5-cup chopper attachment, and finely chop pulsing on high speed. Add to bowl with tomatillas. Add the garlic and scallion to the chopper, chop until fine and add to tomatillas. Add the cilantro to chopper, chop until fine and add to tomatillas. Finally, add ½ the mango, lime juice and olive oil to the large bowl with tomatillas.
- Use the blending shaft to just combine everything in the bowl. Then stir in the rest of the tomatoes and mango. Season with salt and serve with corn chips or refrigerate until ready to serve.