Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 6-7 mins
1. Heat the oven to 200°C. Place the almonds, breadcrumbs and salt into the Braun Multiquick 7’s cordless hand blender large chopper accessory and pulse until combined. Set aside the mixture and wash the large chopper accessory ready for re-use.
2. Place the beaten egg, flour and almond breadcrumbs on 3 separate plates. Coat each chicken piece in flour, dusting off the excess, then dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
3. Sit the crusted chicken fingers on a rack over a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes until crisp and golden.
4. Meanwhile, for the sweet potato puree, peel and cut 3 large sweet potatoes into 5cm chunks. Boil the sweet potatoes over a medium heat in a covered pan of salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well then return to the heat for a few seconds to dry off any excess moisture.
5. Add the butter, lemon juice and cream and blend to the sweet potatoes until smooth using the Braun Multiquick 7’s cordless and its large chopper accessory. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the almond crusted chicken fingers.