2-3 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Cumin
3 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Steam or cook sweet potatoes until tender for about 10-15 minutes. You can also use leftover oven roasted sweet potatoes instead.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to hand held blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove sweet potato puree into a separate bowl.
- Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, cinnamon in the hand held blender beaker and blend together for about 1 minute until a puree forms.
- Re-combine the sweet puree with the mixture in step 4 in the hand held blender beaker and blend together for roughly another 1 minute, or until thoroughly mixed. Thin with water if necessary.
- Season with a pinch of salt and ground pepper and let cool. Refrigerate, in an air-tight container, up to 1 week.
- Serve with pita and crudités.