1 ½ cups cooked or steamed Pumpkin
1 small Apple, peeled and pureed
4.5 Tbsp Almond Flour
3 Tbsp Flour
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
- Add the cooked pumpkin and apple to the hand-held blender beaker and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg, almond flour, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and cinnamon to the mixture made in step 1. Blend using the handheld blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a heavy based frying pan, add a teaspoon of oil, heating the pan over a medium heat.
- Use a heaped tablespoon to add small amounts of batter to the frying pan. You should be able to make three crumpets in one go in a medium frying pan.
- When the batter starts to bubble, flip them over for a couple more minutes until both sides are golden brown. Add more oil before frying the next batch.
- Serve by drizzling the crumpets with honey and dust with cinnamon.