1 cup (240 ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large Egg
The juice of half a Lemon or Lime (2-3 tsp)
A generous pinch of Salt and crushed Black Pepper
A handful of Fresh Herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
Variation: 1 tsp Dijon mustard, minced garlic, crushed chilli peppers
- Place all ingredients (at room temperature) into the hand blender container in the order listed above.
- Insert the hand blender and push it to the bottom of the beaker.
- Operate the hand blender at speed <<II>> and do not move the blender for a full 20 seconds.
- Keep it in this position until the oil starts to emulsify.
- Then, without switching off, slowly raise the shaft to the top of the mixture and back down to incorporate the olive oil, for about 1-2 minutes until you reach the desired consistency or stiffness.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.