This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer with chopper* attachment and MultiWhisk Beaters attachment.
- 9 whole graham crackers, finely crushed (2 cups of crumbs)
- ¼ cup (2 oz) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cups (9 oz) granulated sugar
- 3 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. Place parchment round on the bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Add the graham crackers to the chopper attachment. Blend well at speeds 7-8 until fine crumbs. Remove to a bowl. Add sugar, melted butter and pinch of salt and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch spring form pan and press evenly onto the bottom of the pan. Bake until the crust is fragrant and slightly darkened, 9 to 12 minutes. Let the pan cool on a rack.
- In a large bowl add the sugar and cream cheese and beat well using the MultiWhisk Beaters attachment, starting on a slow speed of 2 and gradually moving to a higher speed of 7-8 until very smooth and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat until blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating just until blended. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cheesecake has set. Set on a rack and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours and up to 3 days.
- Unclasp and remove the side of the spring form pan and run a long, thin metal spatula under the bottom crust. Carefully slide the cake onto a flat serving plate.
- To serve, top with fresh berries of choice and some whipped cream, if desired.
*Chopper attachment only available on MultiMix HM5130 Model. Hand chop or use alternative appliance if you do not have this model.