This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer with chopper* attachment and MultiWhisk Beaters attachment.
*Chopper attachment only available on MultiMix HM5130 Model. Hand chop or use alternative appliance if you do not have this model.
For the crust:
- 1 cup sliced toasted blanched almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 cups strawberries + additional for garnish
- 24 oz full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Stevia, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Line an 8-inch spring form pan with parchment.
- Add the walnuts and almonds to the chopper attachment of the Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer. Finely chop at a high speed of 7-8. Add to a bowl and stir in the melted butter. Using your hands, press dough firmly into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Wipe out the chopper attachment and puree the strawberries. Transfer to a bowl and add the cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Pour in the lemon zest, vanilla extract, Stevia and heavy cream and continue blending until the mixture has become lighter and fluffy.
- Pour batter over the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- Once the cheesecake is firm, run a sharp knife along the inside of the spring form pan to release the cake before opening. Decorate with fresh strawberries, if desired.