This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer with chopper* attachment and MultiWhisk Beaters attachment.
*Chopper attachment only available on MultiMix HM5130 Model. Hand chop or use alternative appliance if you do not have this model.
- ¼ cup (1.8 oz) sugar
- ¼ cup (1 oz) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 6 oz chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Gummy worms
- 4 plastic cups (about 8 oz. size) or smaller cups
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Gradually mixing in milk using the MultiWhisk Beaters attachment on low speed of 3-4 until all of the milk has been added. Turn heat on medium and stir constantly with a spoon or whisk until pudding begins to boil and thicken, about five minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add bittersweet chocolate and continue heating five minutes more until pudding is completely thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla and pour into bowl. Cover with plastic wrap touching the pudding so it does not form a skin. Chill for at least an hour before making dirt cups.
- While pudding is chilling using the MultiWhisk Beaters attachment whip cream to soft peaks on speeds 4-5. Refrigerate until ready to mix into pudding.
- Using the chopper attachment of Braun MultiMix Hand Mixer, add cookies to attachment bowl and blend well on high until mixture looks like dirt, gradually increasing to speed 8.
- When pudding is cooled, stir whipped cream into the pudding gently until it is combined. Then divide this mixture evenly into cups and top with cookie “crumbs”.
- Finish up by adding 2 gummy worms cut in half to the top of each of the cups. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.