This recipe was prepared using Braun's MultiQuick7 Hand blender with its food processor, whisk and beaker attachments.
- 1 quart canola or grape seed oil
- 1 lb. zucchini ends trimmed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- Heat oil in a medium pot to about 300° F. While oil is heating, trim zucchini to fit through Braun MultiQuick 7 hand blender with the food processor attachment feed tube. Using the French fry tool, process the zucchini. Pour the zucchini sticks into a medium bowl. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss zucchini with flour, salt and pepper. Discard excess flour in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the egg to the Braun MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender beaker attachment. Beat egg on medium speed, using the Braun MultiQuick 7 whisk attachment. Then pour over zucchini to coat all of the pieces. Quickly add the bread crumbs and toss to coat all of the pieces.
- Fry zucchini in small batches about 1 minute on each side. Once crispy, remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate with paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini. Serve immediately.
Chef’s tip: If you prefer not to deep fry, preheat oven to 400° F. Spray pan generously with olive oil spray. Spread coated zucchini in a single layer in the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking and spraying the top layer. Remove from oven and serve immediately.