This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick Hand blender with its food processor and blending shaft attachments.
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ¾ lbs carrots, peeled
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 4 cups (1 quart) chicken stock
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk, ends removed and outer hard layer peeled off
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add onions to the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment, and finely chop using the chopping blades.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and gently sauté the onion until tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Roughly chop the carrots and lemongrass in the food processor add them into a pot. Gently stir in curry powder and chicken stock. Simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Add the coconut milk, cilantro and lime juice into the pot with carrots, and season with salt and pepper.
- Use the Braun MultiQuick Hand blender with blending shaft attachment to blend the soup to the desired consistency.
- Heat soup to desired temperature and garnish with cilantro before serving.
Sometimes it can be hard to get your hands on fresh lemongrass. You can substitute the lemongrass with lime leaves or even lemon verbena in Mediterranean countries. You can also replace the carrots with pumpkin!