This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender and whisk attachment.
- 100 g Beetroot
- 2 cups Curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Green Chilli (chopped)
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Peanuts (crushed)
- Peel the beetroot and cut into small pieces.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the beetroot pieces evenly on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes until softened.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven and use the MultiQuick Hand Blender to blend until smooth.
- Using the MultiQuick Hand Blender and the whisk attachment, whisk the curd until smooth. Add beetroot puree, salt, roasted cumin powder and green chilli and mix well.
- Add water as needed to make the raita a little bit thinner.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add dry red chillies and peanuts. Fry until crispy. Pour over the raita and serve chilled.