- 2 cups zucchini (about 2 zucchinis)
- 1 cup carrots (about 2 carrots)
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. harissa paste*
- Olive oil for frying
- Lemon wedges & sliced green onions or cilantro for garnish
- If you have trouble finding harissa, try using chili paste or sambal oelek and adding a little ground cumin and coriander.
- Using the BRAUN food processor attachment with the fine shredding disc, shred together zucchini & carrots. Place the shredded zucchini & carrots in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Toss then let sit for 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a large bowl add beaten eggs and thoroughly combine.
- Toss together potato flakes, cheese, coriander, paprika, garlic salt & pepper. Add to zucchini-carrot mixture and toss well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, scoop golf ball size mounds of the vegetable mixture into the pan. Slightly flatten each ball being sure to keep a little space between fritters and not overcrowding.
- Cook the fritters for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to the paper lined baking pan and continue process with the remaining mixture adding olive oil as necessary.
- Meanwhile, using the whisk attachment mix together yogurt, harissa paste & lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve fritters with harissa yogurt, cilantro leaves & lemon wedges.
- If making for a party, you can make these fritters in advance, hold refrigerated and reheat in a 400-degree oven just before serving.