This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and the food processor attachment.
- 4 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup all-purpose 1-to-1 gluten-free flour mix
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fit the Braun MultiQuick 7 large grating insert into food processor disc, then fit it into the bowl. Using that attachment, grate the cheese.
- Switch to the knife blade attachment. Add the butter, mustard, and cayenne. Process on high speed, scraping the bowl occasionally, until smooth. Add the egg and process on medium until fully incorporated. Scrape the bowl and add the flour mixture, baking powder, and salt. Pulse, scraping the bowl occasionally, until all traces of flour disappear.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap. Press into a disk, wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough and place on another large sheet of parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and roll to a scant ¼-inch thickness. Using a 1- by 2-inch goldfish-shaped cutter, cut out fish and transfer to the prepared sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Gather the scraps, reroll, and cut out more fish. Use a toothpick to make eyes on the fish and a rounded edge of the cutter to form smiles.
- Bake until golden brown and set, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely on the sheet on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.