This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the blending attachment, the food processor shredding attachment, and the mashing attachment.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, about 1 lb
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Poke potato with a fork and bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until soft.
- Using the Braun MQ 9 Hand blender with blending shaft or mini chopper, chop shallots.
- Heat a medium sauté pan. Add olive oil and shallot, and cook until caramelized, about 4- 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add bacon and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until crisp but not burned. Remove from pan when cooked, break into small pieces and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, shred cheddar cheese in the MQ9 Hand blender with the food processor shredding attachment. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and turn oven down to 375 °F. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out soft flesh, leaving the skin intact. Place flesh in bowl with cooked shallots. Using the MQ 9 mashing attachment, mash potatoes. Add sour cream and mash together.
- Stir in ¼ cup of the cheese and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill empty potato shells with mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon pieces and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are hot. Turn broiler on, and carefully broil the potatoes, about 1-2 minutes, depending on broiler heat, until cheese is lightly browned and bacon is crispy. Serve immediately.