This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its 1.5-cup chopper attachment.
- 1 ½ pounds fresh beets, unpeeled
- 2 ½ cup vegetable stock or broth
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 10 mint leaves
- Wash the beets in cold water and place into a large saucepan.
- Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil slowly, then turn down the heat and very gently simmer for 35 minutes. It’s important that the soup doesn’t boil too rapidly. Remove from the heat and carefully take out the cooked beetroot. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the beetroots, cut into quarters and place them in a clean saucepan. Pour in the vegetable stock, add the sugar and slowly bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, milk and yogurt. Blend with the Braun MultiQuick 7 hand blender with blending shaft attachment until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and chill for at least 2-3 hours or overnight
- When ready to serve, crumble the feta cheese and/or chop the mint leaves with the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment.
Divide the soup between 4 soup bowls and garnish with crumbled feta and mint leaves.