This recipe was prepared using the MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the food processor attachment and beaker.
- 3 oz blue cheese
- ¾ tsp lemon zest
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp buttermilk
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 1 stalk celery cut into 4 pieces
- 3 green onions, ends trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 carrot ends trimmed and peeled
- 6 oz Napa cabbage or your favorite type of
- 3 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided + more if needed for baking
- 12 oz chicken tenders or breasts, cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 tbsp hot red pepper sauce, or to taste (I tested with Cholula sauce)
- 12 egg roll skins
- To make the sauce, add all of the sauce ingredients to Braun’s MQ 9 Hand blender beaker attachment. Blend well using the blender with blending shaft attachment. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside until ready to serve egg rolls.
- Using Braun MQ 9 Hand blender’s food processor attachment with chopping blade, add celery and green onion and pulse to chop. Switch blade to large shredding blade, shred carrot and cabbage. Transfer to a bowl. Then shred cheese and set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan and sauté chicken until just cooked over medium heat about 2-3 minutes on each side depending on how big the strips are. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil. Add celery, carrots, green onions, cabbage and season with salt and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Shred chicken with fingers. Add to sautéed vegetables along with pepper sauce and cheddar; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 1 egg roll skin on work surface with 1 corner facing you. Place about 3 rounded tablespoons chicken mixture slightly below center of egg roll skin. Fold corner of egg roll skin closest to filling over filling, tucking point under. Fold in and overlap right and left corners. Roll egg roll toward remaining corner and press to seal with a little cold water. Repeat with remaining egg roll skins and chicken mixture.
- Brush baking sheet generously with olive oil. Place egg rolls in a single layer on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the egg rolls with additional olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes turning halfway during cooking. Remove from oven when browned and crispy. Serve with dipping sauce.