This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender and its 2-cup chopper attachment.
- 2 large eggplant (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp of salt, or to taste
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat stove-top grill to high. Prick eggplant with a fork and grill them, turning occasionally, until skin blisters and blackens all over. This will take between 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from grill to a bowl to cool. When cool, peel off skin of the eggplant. Let the flesh drain in a colander for 15 minutes.
- Using the Braun’s MultiQuick 7 2-cup chopper attachment, chop the garlic. Chopping was never so easy!
- In a large bowl add the eggplant flesh, lemon juice, two tablespoons sesame seeds, salt, cumin, pepper and yogurt. Blend to a thick purée.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with remaining one tablespoon sesame seeds. Serve with fresh pita bread and cut-up vegetables. Make ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chef's Tip: This is a versatile dip that’s good for any occasion. It’s also a great introduction to eggplant for fussy eaters.