This recipe for avocado tomatillo salsa was prepared using the Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender and food processor attachment.
- 2 poblano chiles (or more, depending on heat preference)
- 1 pound (about 10 medium) tomatillos, husks removed
- ¼ large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, stems removed and discarded, a few leaves reserved for garnish
- Juice of 1 – 2 limes
- ¾ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2 medium, ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- Roast the poblanos either over an open flame or under the broiler, turning occasionally until the skins areblackened and blistered all over, 5-10 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to handle, then peel off the skins. You can wear gloves if your skin is sensitive.
- Slice the peppers in half and remove the veins and seeds. Coarsley chop the peppers.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatillos in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, until the tomatillos turn a dull green. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Combine the tomatillos in the MultiQuick Hand Blender food processor attachment with the poblanos and onion. Blend until smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature, about 20-30 minutes, then add the cilantro leaves, the juice of 1 lime, salt, and the avocado. Puree in the food processor until smooth.
- Add more salt, lime juice, or poblano to taste. Serve right away or chill until needed. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week