This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 5 Hand blender with its 1.5 cup and masher attachments.
- 1 ½ lbs of potatoes
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 scallion
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pierce potatoes with a fork, place in oven and bake potatoes for 1 hour.
- Crumble bacon and set aside in a bowl.
- Using Braun’s MultiQuick 5 Hand Blender with 1.5-cup chopper attachment, chop scallions, pulsing a few times on high speed. Remove from bowl and set aside. Wipe out bowl and add cheese and pulse again on high speed until finely chopped.
- When potatoes are cooked, remove from oven. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the center, keeping the skin intact so it can be refilled and place in a bowl. Add butter, half of the cheese, milk and cream. Using the MultiQuick 5 masher attachment, mash on the highest speed until smooth. Stir in half the bacon.
- Stuff the skins with the filling, and place on a baking sheet and put back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on, top the potatoes with remaining cheese and bacon, and place back in oven for 2 minutes under the broiler. Remove when cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with scallions.