This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick Hand blender with the 2-cup chopper attachment.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 6 tablespoons)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa following package instructions – it should be tender but with a little bite and translucent with a ring out the outside. Drain well and spread over a tray or wide, shallow bowl to cool quickly and steam dry.
- Chop onion using the Braun MultiQuick 7 2-cup chopper attachment by pulsing the hand blender to achieve a fine chop. Remove to a large bowl, wipe out the bowl, and add cilantro, parsley, and mint. On high speed, chop herbs until finely chopped.
- Add herbs to onions in bowl along with raisins, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts. Add the cooled quinoa and stir to combine.
- Stir in lemon juice, olive oil and feta. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. It’s also delicious the next day.