This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick Hand blender with its whisk, 1.5-cup chopper, 2-cup chopper and blending shaft attachments.
- 2 cups flour
- 10 tbsp cold unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ice water, or more as needed
- 1 ¾ cups frozen peas
- 7 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz. piece parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh mint
- 4 oz.. boiled ham, diced
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- For the pastry dough, attach Braun’s MultiQuick 2-cup chopper attachment to the hand blender. Add flour into the chopper accessory. Then add butter pieces and salt and start on slowest speed and gradually increase to combine the ingredients until butter is fully combined and mixture is crumbly.
- Pour flour mixture into a bowl and add 3 tbsp of cold water. Quickly knead the ingredients together to form pastry dough. (If the dough is still too dry, add more water until mixture holds together.) Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, roll out pastry dough, about 10-inch diameter on a piece of parchment. Place 8--inch tart pan with removable bottom upside down over the dough. Flip pan with dough and parchment over. Remove parchment, reserving it for baking, and press dough into pan. Cut off any excess dough and use this to seal and patch any holes or missing pieces. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Attach Braun’s MultiQuick whisk attachment to your hand blender. Break eggs into the beaker and beat eggs until frothy.
- Remove 8-inch tart pan from refrigerator. Place parchment in pan and cover with pie weights or dry beans to ensure the crust retains its shape while baking. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the baking beans and parchment paper and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked.
- Drop the peas into boiling water for 1 minute. Drain. Then change the accessory of your hand blender and attach Braun’s MultiQuick blending shaft attachment to your hand blender. Purée the peas starting at the lowest speed and gradually increase speed. Add the cream and beaten eggs and purée until smooth.
- Release the Multiquick 7 blending shaft attachment with one simple click and attach Braun’s MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment. Add the parmesan cheese to the bowl and finely chop. Once chopped remove to a small bowl.
- Then add the mint to the chopper accessory and finely chop.
- Gently fold in ham, mint and half of the cheese to the pea purée and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture into the tart pan and scatter the rest of the cheese over the tart. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.