This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its 1.5-cup chopper attachment.
- ¾ cup dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- Sea salt, to taste
Parmesan-yogurt salad dressing
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring quinoa and 1½ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. When cooked, remove from pan and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, use the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment to roughly chop the walnuts.
- Prepare the salad by placing the baby spinach leaves, walnuts, oranges and chilled quinoa in a large salad bowl and mix together.
- For the dressing, place the parmesan cheese in the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment and blend until finely chopped. Add the yogurt, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice to the Parmesan cheese and blend well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix the dressing with the greens.