This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the beaker and whisk attachments.
- 12 ounces semi sweet chips
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- Large pinch ground pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
Fresh strawberry cream
- 8-10 large strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. confectionery sugar, or to taste
Garnish: addition plain whipped cream and a strawberry half
- Place chocolate and brewed coffee in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for a minute, remove from oven and stir until chocolate is completely melted. If it isn’t all melted, then put it back in and add 30 seconds. Stir after each heating to avoid burning chocolate. Stir in black pepper. Once melted and smooth, let cool to room temperature.
- Pour 2 cups cream into beaker attachment of the MQ9 Hand blender. Attach whisk and whip until stiff peaks form. Spoon cream into a medium size bowl. Stir in 1 cup of cream into cooled chocolate mixture to lighten it up. Then gently fold in the rest of the cream until it is just combined. (Note if it isn’t cool enough wait and start to prep the strawberry cream before mixing in the chocolate.) Refrigerate as soon as it is mixed.
- Rinse and dry beaker attachment; add strawberries. Attach blending shaft to blender and blend strawberries until crushed but still slightly chunky. Pour into a medium bowl.
- Rinse and dry beaker attachment; add 1 cup whipping cream, vanilla and confectionery sugar. Attach the whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks can be formed. Gently fold whipped cream into crushed strawberries.
- Remove mocha mousse from refrigerator. Set up 6 glasses with a large spoonful of your choice mousse. Make sure you use enough to cover a layer of the glass so you can see the layers when it is completed. Then top with a large spoonful of the other flavor. Repeat until all of the mousse has been used. (Depending on the size of your glass will depend on the number of layers you can achieve.)