This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick Hand blender with its blending shaft, whisk and beaker attachments.
- 9-inch prepared unbaked pie crust
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange Juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 large room temperature egg yolks (keep whites for meringue)
- 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter
For the meringue:
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Follow the instructions on the prepared crust package and place into the pan. Remove excess and patch as needed so there aren’t any holes in the crust. Bake as directed on the package.
- For the filling, add lemon and orange zest, lemon juice, orange juice, sugar and the cornstarch to the beaker attachment of the Braun MultiQuick Hand blender. Attach the whisk attachment to the hand blender. Whisk the mix until smooth. Pour the contents of the beaker into a saucepan.
- Place on medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and continuously stir the contents of the pan over a medium heat, until thickened. Take the pan off the heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Attach the MultiQuick blending shaft to the hand blender. Use the lowest speed to blend in the butter and eggs until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared tart pan and chill for at least 1hour or overnight.
For the meringue:
- When you are ready to serve, preheat oven to 350°F. Attach the whisk attachment to the MultiQuick Hand blender. Add the egg whites to the beaker attachment. Whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Then gradually whisk in the sugar a quarter at a time.
- Use a knife or spatula to spread the meringue over the chilled filling. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the meringue starts to lightly brown. Once cooked, take the tart out of the oven and let it rest in the pan for 30 minutes; then take it out of the pan and let it rest for another 30 minutes or until cool. Cut into slices and serve.