This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its food processor attachment.
For 12 muffins
- 12 ounces peeled and seeded fresh pumpkin
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Grated zest of one orange
- 1 tsp salt ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Place pumpkin flesh on a baking tray, cover with foil and bake in preheated oven until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin to a bowl of the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment. Blend to a course purée.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, chia seeds, grated orange zest and salt.
- Beat together the pumpkin purée, vegetable oil and eggs in the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until just smooth.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.