This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender with its masher and 1.5-cup chopper attachments.
- 6 eggs
- 4 cornichon
- ¼ cup homemade or your favorite store-bought mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to garnish
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water so there's 1 ½ inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn heat off and let eggs sit for 15 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for about 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a large bowl, and placing the whites on a plate.
- Put the cornichon in the 1.5-cup chopper attachment. Finely chop and add to the bowl of yolks. Add the mayonnaise and mustard. Using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with the masher attachment, mash together on high speed until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon evenly, yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve with hot sauce on the side.
To create the unexpected devilled eggs, here are 4 of our favorite variations:
Bacon, Egg and Blue Cheese
Replace 1 tablespoon mayonnaise with blue cheese. Once eggs are filled, crumble 2 slices cooked bacon on top with some chopped chives chopped in the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment.
Lox and Dill
Replace 1 tablespoon mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt. Once eggs are filled top eggs with 2 oz of smoked salmon, cut into strips and a sprinkle of fresh dill.
Ham, Cheese and Thyme
Add ½ ounce of Parmigiano Reggiano finely chopped in the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment to the yolk mixture. Fill the eggs and top with 2 ounces Black Forest ham cut into thin strips and a sprinkle of thyme.
Shrimp and Sriracha
Add 1 more tablespoon of mayonnaise into the yolk mixture. Then cut off about ¾ of an inch from the end of 12 large shrimp; roughly chop in the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment and stir it into the yolk mixture. Top each egg with remaining piece of shrimp with its tail on and a spread of Sriracha.